Graphium almansor (Honrath´s White-Lady)
Graphium almansor, also called Honrath´s White-Lady is a . The first description was in 1884 by Honrath. The wingspan is about 6 – 7 cm. Graphium almansor is a member of the family PAPILIONIDAE. The basic colour of this butterfly is dark-brown. White spots and areas dominate the wings. The hind wings have no tails.
Photos for easy identification
The fore wings are dark-brown. In the middle of the wing and at the back-edge there is a big, white spot.
The underside of Graphium almansor is very similar to the upside. But, the basic colour is brown.
The hind wings of Graphium almansor are dark-brown. The edge is wavy. Next to the body there is a large, white area with dark veins.
The underside is very similar to the upside. But, the basic colour is brown. Next to the body there is a small, reddish area.
The body (abdomen) is black. The thorax and the head are black. The underside of the abdomen is yellow.
Sex differences: ---
- Pseudospondias microcarpa
- Pseudospondias sp.
The first description of this butterfly was in 1884 by Honrath. Thereare four subspecies.
- Graphium almansor birbiri [Ungemach, 1932]
- Graphium almansor carchedonius [Karsch, 1895]
- Graphium almansor escherichi [Gaede, 1915]
- Graphium almansor uganda [Lathy, 1906]
Protection provisions / Red List
- CITES: (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora):
- EU regulation on trading with species of wild Fauna and Flora
- IUCN Red List of threatened species:
Similar and closely-related species
Graphium almansor Honrath 1884
Honrath´s White-Lady, Almansor White-Lady Swordtail
Classification / Taxonomy / Family tree
- Kingdom: ANIMALIA
- Phylum: ARTHROPODA
- Class: INSECTA
- Order: LEPIDOPTERA
- Suborder: DITRYSIA
- Superfamily: PAPILIONOIDEA
- Family: PAPILIONIDAE
- Subfamilie: PAPILIONINAE
- Tribe: LEPTOCIRCINI
- Genus: GRAPHIUM
- Specific name: ALMANSOR